17 March 2011

Did you try Internet Explorer 9 ?

Wwwwwooooooowwww, this is what I can tell you about it.

It has a very simple and intuitive interface and it is easy to use. Till now Google Chrome was the best for me (my preference, I can tell that I was a fun), however now I see that Internet Explorer took the right way, and made so that the user have more space to view the page but not Browser's menu, tabs and buttons.

Here is a screenshot of the new Internet Explorer - Version 9.

Click on the image to enlarge:


But hold on, the new interface is not the only thing with which Microsoft is making us happy, the other thing is that this browser's speed will surprise you, it is really fast.

I personally made some tests with a page where I had a lot of Javascript with asynchronous calls to the server, I didn't even needed to use any tool to compare IE 9 with other Browsers like: Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Do you know why? Because you can see that by yourself, without any tool.


Also I want to pay attention that if we believe those from Microsoft then IE 9 is the only Browser which respects W3C standards, take a look at this:
Click on the image to enlarge:


Source: http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/

Isn't that cool ?!

You can go also through a test drive :) http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/

So what do we have?

1) Less security issues;
2) Nice and handy Interface;
3) HTML 5 Support (I didn't talked about this because probably most of you already know about this);
4) CSS 3 Support;
5) It is really fast'
6) The best one: Finally W3C Standards.
7) and others.

Surf fast with IE 9  :)



UPDATE March 19 2011
IE 9 CRASHES / HANGS

After a few days of development on and surfing with Internet Explorer 9 I have realized that Microsoft still need to work on it VERY much, because in just 2 days it has crashed more that 40 times, however the only thing that I was doing was surfing on usual sites on the internet and debugging my  Web application.

It just sometimes crashes with no reason - there was nothing special with the sites that I was visiting, there was no huge Javascript precessing and nothing complicated on the page it just crashes randomly. The only thing that you can do at that point is just to kill the iexplore.exe process - unfortunately.

Microsoft - shame on you, what is with this Browser? Fast, secure and crashes?
I, personally am disappointed. It looks like I have hurried up with my impressions about Internet Explorer 9 I will move back to Google Chrome.

What Browser Do You Choose?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why you write first "the other thing is that this browser's speed is awful." and then write contradictory statement "5) It is really fast'" ?

Roman Gherman said...

Hi,
That's my bad - a mistake.
Thanks for correcting me.

Post a Comment

your thoughts are welcome:

Need more? Leave comments and subscribe to my blog.

.