19 October 2011

Visual Studio Memory Profiler resulted into - Blue Screen

Hi everyone,

Have you ever tried to use Visual Studio's Memory Profiler?
I have recently had a need to profile a .Net application and was searching for a memory Profiler tool, and that was the moment when I have found out that Visual Studio 2008 Development Edition has it's own memory Profiler.

I decided to search for a quick guide and have  found several of those on the internet.

Unfortunately when I started my application using that profiler my computer showed me the Blue Screen of Death.



I then tried one more time, maybe it works but again - the same problem Blue Screen.

I then said that something is wrong with that memory profiler tool, and tried to launch my application for debug without profiler and here the real problem has started:
- My Web.config file was destroyed;
- After I have replaced the Web.config file another "great" problem has appeared, which was something like:


Could not load file or assembly 'MyAssemblyName' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

That was terrible, I have tried everything to revert all my files from my SVN, to delete all bin folders but nothing.

I managed to fix that just by going and deleting the following folder: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\<<MyProjectName>>


Everything is working fine now. I just wanted to share my experience with Visual Studio's memory Profiler.

Pay attention when using that one, make a copy of your project before using it.

Regards,
Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts are welcome:

Need more? Leave comments and subscribe to my blog.

.