In this post I will give a short list of sites and tips that will help you to improve your site's speed and performance.
First a list of sites:
1) Google's Page Speed Online, Page Speed Online analyzes the content of a web page, then generates suggestions to make that page faster. Reducing page load times can reduce bounce rates and increase conversion rates; Note: you can also find a Google Chrome Extension for this tool, here on this page.
2) YSlow,(Chrome Extension) it analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on a set of rules for high performance web pages. Feature highlights:
- Grades web page based on one of three predefined ruleset or a user-defined ruleset;
- It offers suggestions for improving the page's performance;
- Summarizes the page's components;
- Displays statistics about the page;
- Provides tools for performance analysis, including Smush.it™ and JSLint.
3) GTMetrix, it can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users, and actually this too contains the information from Google's Page Speed and YSlow all together;
4) Pingdom, Test the Load Time of a Web Page;
5) WebPageTest, tests your website's performance against different browsers.
There are also some rules that you can use to change your site so that it's performance improves. Take a look at this site: http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html
Note Google Chrome already has a lot of information which is available when using the "Developer Tool", there is an audits tab in it, you just need to click run.
Make you site fast.
Please share this article with others!