06 December 2012

Visual Studio 2012

Hello,

Well, as everybody know Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft.

I've started from using the Visual Studio 2003, this was many years ago and at that time it seemed amazing. But the technologies are developing very fast and we have to keep the pace together with it, by at least having the latest IDE.

At a first look at any new IDE it is hard to use it, and as I noticed - especially for Senior Developers with more than 5 years of experience. They seem very hard to be convince to use a new technology, application and IDE.
Sorry, but it is true - they better use the old verified technology instead of the new one and I agree with that but you have to sometimes go with the newer thing, I'm not saying that you have to go with a beta application, technology, IDE or whatever, but come on - you need new tools and IDEs in order to develop a good software.

Now I am working on Visual Studio 2012, I have been using it for several months already. At the beginning the new interface was very strange for me - everything was grey and plain. The icons from the Solution Explorer were changed, it took time to get used to them, but now when I look back to Visual Studio 2010, 2005 and 2003 - I get scared :)

At the moment I like very much the interface style of VS 2012 also I like that it is building the projects very fast, there is a lot more intellisense in it.

Dear Seniors - be the one that bring the innovation in the Junior's life :).

Happy codding!!

2 comments:

Buy Contact Lenses said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

Dillon Chen said...

Thanks, great post

Post a Comment

your thoughts are welcome:

Need more? Leave comments and subscribe to my blog.

.